Happy St. Patty’s Day! For most people around these parts, it means heading to a local pub decked out in green or Irish inspired clothing and drinking green beer for most of the day or perhaps partaking in the “Shamrock Shake” at the local golden arches. While I did appreciate it as a kid, knowing that there’s 54 ingredients (!) in their shake, many of which are chemicals, are known to cause inflammation in the body, or are possibly linked to cancer should make you want to avoid it like the plague. Not sure how lucky drinking that shake would be!
But fear not! I’m not here to spoil the fun, in fact, I have a much healthier and decadent solution. This recipe has only 6-8 ingredients, is crazy quick to whip up and I promise you they are all ingredients that you’ll recognize and be able to pronounce. The avocado and banana makes it rich and creamy with a hint of sweetness from the fruit. You can always add a few drops of stevia to sweeten it more if you like.
Have a joyful St.Patrick’s Day! May luck and positivity abound you today and always!
Healthy Shamrock Shake
- I/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 kiwi
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1/2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp. Amazing Grass wheatgrass
- Optional: cacao nibs, for garnish
- Place all the above ingredients in the order listed above in a high speed blender. You can also use an immersion blender, just make sure the fruits and veggies are already chopped smaller.
- Enjoy immediately with some cacao nibs on top!