Dear friends and readers I sincerely apologize for my long hiatus on this blog. Life has been busy but I haven’t forgotten about you! With the upcoming holiday and time off, I can’t wait to share what’s been going on with me and all the new recipes I’ve been cooking up. If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’ll know that I have a ton that I’ve cooked up, but have yet to blog (and if we haven’t met on Instagram yet, let’s hang!)
Based on the number of crumble and crisp recipes on here, it’s safe to say that I love them. They’re so easy to make as a quick dessert, how can you not? I recently posted this delish number last Friday and since it seemed to get a lot of attention, I thought I’d share the recipe here with you.
Will be back soon with more posts and some news to share! 🙂
Vegan Paleo Super Easy Apple Crisp (recipe modified from: Texanerin)
For the filling:
drizzle of maple syrup
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
a few grates of fresh nutmeg
⅛ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
2-3 large apples, peeled, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
For the topping:
½ cup almond flour
3 tbsp. organic coconut flour
⅔-1 cup finely chopped walnuts (large crumb size)
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil, room temperature
2 tbsp. organic maple syrup
⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a medium-sized baking dish (glass or ceramic).
2. To save cleaning up a bowl, I mix all the filling ingredients right in the baking dish. 😉 So do this now.
3. Grab a small bowl and mix the almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt together. Mix in the coconut oil with your hands until mixture is crumbly, then drizzle in the apple syrup and mix with a spoon.
4. Sprinkle mixture over the apples. There will be some gaps where apples peek through and that’s okay.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes until topping is brown and crisp and apples have cooked down. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes or so before serving.
6. Scoop into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream (I used Luna and Larry’s Coconut Bliss Vanilla ice cream which is dairy-free and so so good!)
7. Cover well if there are leftovers, and unfortunately it’ll be a little soggy the next day, but still tastes fabulous, so don’t let that deter you from making extra!