Happy soon-to-be-Valentine’s Day Friends!
Even though I like to believe in romance all year around, not just on Valentine’s Day, this may be a beautiful dish to serve to anyone who is in your life at this time, be it family, friends or a special someone. It’s nice to see a pop of colour in our food when the landscape outside reflects shades of grey and brown. And like most dishes I make, it’s very quick to put together and this one is extra special because it tastes and looks rather gourmet. 🙂
It uses the same Organic Traditions Sprouted Risotto mix from my previous post on Lemon Zucchini Risotto, so it doesn’t have the same consistency as a traditional risotto. But it’s just as well, since why do you want to spend time slaving over a stove anyway on such a special day (or any day really?) 😉
Enjoy this with the leftover organic white wine!
Lots of love to you and yours,
Gluten-Free Vegetarian Beet Risotto
- 1 cup Organic Traditions Sprouted Risotto Mix
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp. Herbamare
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic white wine
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 organic shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. organic butter
- 1 raw organic beet, shredded
- 4 tbsp. goat cheese (omit if vegan)
What you do:
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add 1 tsp. Herbamare. Add the risotto and lower heat, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes until tender. Turn off heat, stir in the coconut oil and Herbamare and let rest for 10 minutes to firm up.
2. Saute minced shallot with organic butter until softened. Add wine and cook until alcohol is burned off. Add beets and saute for a few minutes more.
3. Add cooked risotto mix and stir until all grains are coated with the lovely pink beet colour. Season to taste.
4. Divide into two serving plates and garnish with a bit of goat cheese, and pepper.
5. Serve with love and white wine!